Marketers are still harboring myths regarding online marketing based on flawed principles in a hope of gaining online marketing success. Maybe the reason could be the lack of preparedness required for building a sustainable marketing strategy or let’s say marketers are unaware of prioritizing limited resources to improve ROI. Whatever the reasons, businesses will ultimately fail to succeed.
That is why; we believe that this blog posted today is a way your business can have a chance to thrive in an environment where you can actually grow your business kicking away any marketing myths. Check out the top 5 online marketing myths below:
- Email marketing is dead
Email marketing is the most cost effective means of staying connected with your existing as well as potential customers. Due to available multiple marketing options, many people might think email marketing is dead. However, below we have a collection of email marketing facts that will make it crystal clear why email marketing is still king in its field.
- 66 percent of consumers make a purchase as a direct result of an email marketing message. (Source: thedma.org)
- 33% of email recipients open emails based on the subject line alone. (Source: Convinceandconvert.com)
- 72% of B2B buyers are most likely to share useful content via email. (Source: Earnest Agency)
- 82% of consumers open emails from companies. (Source: Litmus)
- Emails that include social sharing buttons have a 158% higher click-through rate. (Source: GetResponse)
- When asked which medium consumers would like to receive updates from, 90% preferred an email newsletter, while only 10% chose Facebook. (Source: Nielsen Norman Group)
- Email conversion rates are three times higher than social media, with a 17% higher value in the conversion. (Source: McKinsey & Company)
- Our products are cheaper than competitors so it will make more sales
If you are offering products at lower prices than your competitors, and think it will automatically roll-in more customers, and then think it again. Because, to know what you are offering at what price, people need know that you EXIST. If you have an ecommerce site, then definitely Amazon, E-bay, Walmart will be your top competitors. Only offering products at cheaper prices than these big named competitors (for example), will not make much difference. Undertake online marketing tactics to let prospects know that you exist and build trust/credibility to sustain them.
- Our products are excellent so no additional marketing is required.
If this is your thinking then you are lagging behind your potential customers. Simply considering that your products are superior will not be an automatic sale. You need profound marketing tactics to promote your products. However, the marketing tactics should not be limited to Facebook posts or sending a couple of press releases. An explanatory and visionary marketing plan is essential. Even the biggest brands including Apple spend millions of dollars on advertising.
- Maximum traffic is required to your website
This is another myth that should cease because there is a big difference between getting traffic and the right traffic. If you are spending dollars and time for SEO, SMO, PPC or content marketing, then the first thing to consider is your target audience. Having a 1000 unqualified visitors where only 10 maybe leads or getting 100 highly targeted visitors where 20 can turn into your leads.
- Our website looks great, so it should take care of itself
Having a good looking website with an awesome copywriting is just an initial step. The real work actually begins now. You need to work hard and consistently to keep your website up-to-date, with fresh content and find new ways to engage your target customers. Spend time optimising your website in order to achieve the right traffic and increase ROI of your business.
Online marketing is a relentless task, so stop running behind the myths and start working from today. Stay focused and seeks out your marketing strategies through using our expert consultation and experience.